Renting a self storage unit helps keep all your extra stuff organized and out of your house. You visit it when you need something and sometimes you even forget you have it! So it’s not that big of a shocker when you realize you forgot to make your self storage payment this month. Just take a deep breath and remember it’s not the end of the world. You can easily fix a missed payment.
First call the property manager at your self storage facility. Property Managers want to assist you anyway they can and making a payment is at the top of the helpful list. The last thing you want is to start accruing late fees on your account, which starts after the 5th. To prevent that from happening , you need to make a full rental payment immediately.
We offer several convenient payment methods:
- Call the self storage office and pay over the phone with a credit or debit card. You can even call when the office is closed and speak with the after hours counselors. Please be aware that the after hours counselors work Monday-Friday 8am-12am, Saturday 8am-10pm and Sunday 10am-8pm. They are also closed on major holidays.
- Go to the rental office with cash, check or your credit or debit card and pay in person during regular business hours. Your payment will process immediately and you will be there to witness it!
- Make a payment online through the payment portal on our website. You will need a credit or debit card to use the online payment portal.
- Set up automatic payments that will be withdrawn from your account on the 1st of every month. This is the best way to prevent late payments and late fees. If you are someone who tends to forget about your recurring monthly payments, you may want to seriously consider this option.
- Mail your self storage payment (check or money order) to the rental office. Mailing a payment is not encouraged if you are already late. We recommend mailing your payment in at least seven days prior to the 1st of the month to ensure we receive it on time. Keep in mind that using the postal service is not a 100% guarantee that your payment will arrive by the due date.
Late fees begin to accrue on your account on the 5th of the month and can add up quickly over time if you continue to neglect payment. Once you hit 30 days past due, your account is considered to be in default. When the account defaults, you no longer have access to your storage unit, a lien letter is sent to you and the auction process starts to take shape. The last thing we want to do is to auction off the items you placed in your storage unit.
Missing a self storage payment every now and then is not all that terrible. If you pay by the 5th of the month, you are all set. You will avoid fees and penalties and the entire auction process. If you have any questions about making payments or need help processing a payment, you can contact us at any time or give our helpful property manager a call.